At Green World Adventures, we offer the best type of transportation for you. That is why in our packages we try to give our clients the best traveling option either it is by shared shuttle, private transportation, local flights, or rental car.
We want to make your trip easier by giving you these tips for traveling on your own on a rental car. Here is a list of smart tips you can use when using a rental car:
- Where to pick up the car:
- Option 1: You can ask us to reserve your car and arrange for you to have your car at the airport with the car company we have reserved it with. This way you can leave the airport already with your car, ready to start your Costa Rica experience.
- Option 2: Our guide can pick you up at the airport and take you to your first hotel. We can arrange that your car can be delivered to the hotel.
- Rules for driving a car in Costa Rica:
- The minimum age for renting a car is 23 years old.
- The maximum age for driving a rental car is 80 years old.
- The cost for an additional authorized driver is $4 USD per day. The rental agreement only has one main driver included.
- All authorized drivers must have at least 2 years of issue.
- The driver`s license has to be valid in the country of origin. They are valid from 30 to 90 days in Costa Rica according to the immigration entry stamp data on the passport.
- The driver’s license must be printed in the Roman alphabet. For Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Cyrillic, Hebrew, etc. driver licenses, it has to be complemented by an International driving license.
- Present your valid passport and driver’s license at the time of pick up.
- We will always make your reservations with the Liability Protection Basic Coverage for injury or death to third parties involved in an accident. It is mandatory. A guarantee deposit of US$750 will be required on the credit card.
Present your Credit Card (only MasterCard, VISA or American Express accepted) to cover the US$750 deposit of guarantee required for renting a car. No cash o debit card deposits are allowed.
- Your car is going to be given to you with a full tank.
- You should return your car with a full tank.
EXTRA SERVICES AS AN EXTRA COST:
- Road Assistance Service: Extra charge applies.
- Road assistance includes tow trucks, mechanical issues, continuous trips, locksmith service, etc. 24/7 service in the whole country.
- Rental of Accessories: Extra charge applies.
- GPS Rent: You can ask for a GPS at the car company when you are getting your car. The cost per day for the GPS is $9.
*** We recommend that you buy a sim card at the airport (Kölbi Brand); therefore, you can have an internet connection and use the best traffic and GPS App in Costa Rica, WAZE. MUST: Your cellphone must be unlocked. ***
- Portable WIFI Rent: has a cost of US$10 per day.
- Baby Seat Rent: US$3 per day.
- Optional Car Protections: Extra charge applies.
- Loss Damage Waiver -LDW-:
Coverage for total or partial theft of the rented car.
Coverage for direct car damages, collision, and tipping the car over.
- Supplemental Protection Plan -SPP-:
Enlarged coverage in damages to third parties properties involved in an accident.
Enlarged coverage for injury or death to third parties involved in an accident.
Zero deductible for direct car damages, collision, and tipping the car over.
Zero deductible for total or partial car theft.
It covers windows, car lights, vandalism, tow truck, and road assistance.
Finally, these are the tips that Green World Adventures advises you to know about, before renting a car in Costa Rica. We hope we have helped you with your transportation decision. Enjoy Costa Rica anyway you decide to transport yourself!
Leave a comment